St Ives Arts Club - Exhibition Room - Aide Memoire for Exhibitors
The Agnes Naylor Exhibition Room to be vacated by 6pm on Friday by previous hirer.
2. Hirer normally closes exhibition and takes down no later than 4pm mindful of new hirer coming in at 6pm
3. The incoming hirer , by agreement , can drop paintings off and place in the hallway by the WC’s and on the staircase from 4pm
4. The Club have spare exhibition room keys and can make one available in the week before if needed but normally the follow on hirer collects the key at 4pm from the outgoing hirer. If this is not possible then the hirer needs to let the club know and a key will be supplied.
5. Hirers when leaving must set alarm and lock up each day
On entering the Alarm code is 0981 to cancel the alarm.
On leaving 0981 + the FULL button must be pressed ( Top right hand
The Exhibition Room door code os CX2468 - turn firmly clockwise.
6. If additional display boards are required as well as wall space – this must be known in advance so that arrangements can be made to assemble and take down.
The walls can comfortably accommodate 40 paintings.
7. There are a range of plinths and tables available too.
8. There is a manual sales sheet on a clip board to record sales.
9. Most sales are now done via the Sum Up machine. It is very simple to use and normally hirers are taken though the sale process etc . The new machine is linked to the wifi and is virtually instant…..and reliable. If the sale does not go though it cancels the transaction.
We do have a black cash box in the cupboard but best practice is to put cash sales in an envelope and post through office door.
10 . An Arts Club hand written hard copy receipt can be given…or e-mail or text on the Sum Up machine - hand to customer to input their details which are not stored on the machine or recorded anywhere.
11. The sales are recorded on our account which is linked to Steve Litherlands e-mail.
Steve prints off the weekly sales activity and takes it to coffee mornings - or can e-mail it at the end of the day. Steve will need the hirers bank details to transfer the sums due, post exhibition.
12. The card machine charges 1.6% which the club actually bears the cost of. We pay 70% of the sales price to the hirer.
13.The club will provide bubble wrap and carrier bags on site.
S Litherland email@example.com - 07798 564121
A Gribben firstname.lastname@example.org 07792 887821
15. In terms of set up/take down it is the member who has to make arrangements.There is no space to store boxes/bags unless put behind the counter.
On a general note, having regard to the current Covid situation, the Club
recommends the wearing of face masks, hands sanitisation and
maximum occupancy of the room to 8/10 people. It is up to the hirer to
consider compliance and enforcement.
To download this guide to print or save please click here